Transformation Case Study
Organizational Transformation Project for $10B medical devices company; to better align with global business operating model we managed the transition to a self-service/Center of Excellence/service center based approach. In addition, a strategy and implementation approach were created to drive a culture of innovation and inclusion for 36,000 employees.
- Managed global broad-based, multi-phased $35 million HR transformation effort that included building and staffing a global HR function and implementing global business processes and an integrated, global talent management platform; coordinating 15+ teams over 4 year period. This approach was subsequently leveraged across other global functions.
- PMO structure was designed and implemented with executive dashboard that resulted in 33% project delivery improvement and ensured alignment and integration across HR leadership.
- Self service capabilities implemented for employees and managers through newly developed governance processes and training.
- Implementation of PeopleSoft Talent Management suite including processes and procedures for staffing and recruiting, absence management, succession planning, compensation administration, and performance management
- Change Toolkit created and implemented including templates, definitions, and resources to support individuals and leaders through the ongoing change process. Sample of resources created: G.R.P.I. tool, Decision Matrix, Leadership Toolkit – assessment tool for individuals and teams, meeting management tool, stakeholder analysis and communication materials, risk management, issue identification and mitigation.
- Project delivered on time and on budget
- Global implementation of PeopleSoft Talent Management Suite with minimal system customizations, enhanced headcount reporting, KPIs, and improved data validity.
- Improved efficiency and consistency of HR and Payroll processes to allow for global standardization with local customization as needed. Reduced headcount by ~15%.
- Created a Culture of Innovation and Inclusion index and achieved year over year improvement via employee engagement survey.